Sunday 21 August 2011

Q & A

I love Elle Decoration. I heart it beyond any other publication (even Peter David's X Factor, and I bliddy love that comic) and many times, many, many times, have dumped draft love letters to Michelle Ogundehin. I day dreamed that I would bump into her in the V & A whilst I was in London and be able to pretend not to be a massive fan girl over her editorial skills.
Instead of gushing, I thought I'd pretend that MO was interviewing me for the pages of Elle Decoration as she skillfully did in the September issue for astrologist Shelley von Strunkel. And if you don't have the September edition, shame on you! Two editorials on design and a trend predictor for next season. Go. Buy. Create.
And any one of these questions could fill an entire post so it's value for money/time.

Tell me five words to describe yourself...
Crafting adventurer adores armchair luxuries
What's your favourite film?
It changes often but I love the 1958 romantic comedy Houseboat with Cary Grant and Sophia Loren.

What book are you reading right now?
I'm reading The Invisibles by Grant Morrison and Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell. Talk about diversity.

What is your greatest fear?
Hurting myself. Losing a limb. Blood in general.
What is your favourite virtue?
Honesty with a dash of diplomacy.
Who is your favourite fictional hero?
I love Tuppence Beresford from Agatha Christie's mind, she's brave, clever and funny. She's no nonsense too, is Tuppence.

Who would you most like to have been?
Josiah Wedgwood, I'd love to have been at the cutting edge, be the founding father of something.

Who would you most like to meet?
I'd love to meet Gabriel Garcia Marquez, I bet you could have an amazing conversation with him. Though I'd have to admit to still not having read his autobiography. That might be a conversation killer.

Tell me something that annoys you.
Negativity. It's my biggest flaw so I hate to see it in anyone else.
Your house is burning down, what do you grab?
Daniel, he's first obviously. Our laptops are like our children. The wedgwood coffee cups and possibly the Notting Hill blend of tea from the Tea Palace, then we could have a cuppa whilst we waited for the fire brigade.
Are you religious?
I envy people who have faith but no. I just try to be a good person rather than obey someone elses rules.
Do you collect anything?
Tea cups, (particular weakness for Wedgwood archive collection) coffee cups, comics, books about plants but not plants.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes. But I also believe in dislike at second sight.
What talent would you most like to have?
I'd love to be able to make a decent cup of coffee, the skill escapes me and I have to do special trips out when I want one.
What can't you live without?
Company, whether it's a real solid person or a facsimile of one.
If you were an animal, what would you be?
A hedghog, outwardly cute but occasionally prickly.

If you had to lose one of your sense, which would it be?
Hearing I suppose, or speech, there are better ways to communicate.
What does luxury mean to you?
Not doing the dishes.
Do you believe in luck?
No, I believe in happiness.
Do you have a motto?
I tell myself not to steal. Not to steal someone's pride or happiness or self-respect or clothes. It helps keep me feeling moral and original.

LD

No comments:

Post a Comment